Sunday, November 1, 2009

Count Down: 6 days

Halloween came and went with no incidences, which I am thankful for. I seem to be extremely paranoid that I am going to sprain an ankle or break something right before the wedding. I am probably being over protective, but better safe than sorry right?

We went to my great aunt's memorial service yesterday afternoon. It was a nice service. A lot of fun memories of "Grandma Shirley". She left her games to me and my brother, which was very fitting because that is what we grew up doing when we visited her. My grandpa that passed away last year and Grandma Shirley were two of my cribbage partners. They taught me to play when I was 4 and I've been playing ever since. I had to teach Steve how to play so I'd have a new partner.

Steve is almost done cleaning out his room. I think it's the cleanest it's looked in a long time. I swept the floor for him and dusted his window seal, don't think either of those chores had been done recently. He also found yet another box of action figures. Yep, that's all that is under our bed. Our kids won't need any toys, we have all the action figures from Steve's childhood. I should have kept my Barbies then we'd have a whole crowd.

Hopefully after this weekend the only thing Steve will have to move in is his clothes, which have to stay for now because my wedding dress is taking up a big portion of our closet, and he's not allowed to see it so he isn't allowed to open the closet at all. He'll see it pretty soon though, in 6 more days.

Work is going to be tough knowing that the wedding is on Saturday. I had problems focusing on Friday and I even got off early that day. We'll see how it goes, there's only 3 full days I'm working, 4 for Steve, poor guy has to sit through 10 hour days. Thankfully after we make it through this work week we can look forward to vacation.

For our Honeymoon we're going on a cruise. It goes from Long Beach to Catalina Island, then a day in Insenada (sp?). My first grown up vacation, and my first cruise. I am really excited.

6 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. How cute that Steve still has his old toys! My grandparents still have a few of my dad's old toys from when he was a kid, and I loved playing with them when we would go visit. I especially loved all the old Archie comic books :)

    I can't believe your honeymoon will be your first grown up vacation! I am so excited for you! Take tons of pictures.

    ReplyDelete